Friday, January 8, 2010

Are a washer and a dryer required in a hair salon?

I AM OPENING A NEW HAIR SALON IN PLANTATION, FLORIDA.





I CAN'T FIND IN ANY WEB PAGE EITHER FROM THE CITY OF PLANTATION, OR FROM THE FLA. DEPARTMENT OF BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL REGULATIONS, ANY INFORMATION REGARDING THIS.





PLEASE HELP!


THANK YOU!Are a washer and a dryer required in a hair salon?
Check with the city or state level health department, also the state department that handles salon licensing. I am not in the field but I am a customer who tries to be aware of what is typically needed to provide services. Since salons need to have a ready supply of clean towels, it only makes sense that they need an easy way of washing the dirty ones daily. When I think about it, every place I've had my hair cut has had one, even though they are smallish.Are a washer and a dryer required in a hair salon?
Call up the State board....But I would think you'd want one even if they're not required, What would ever happen if you ran out of clean towels? People wouldn't want their soping wet hair ontop of their head, or using dirty towels...You'd lose business that way.
In Maryland, a washer and dryer are not required. You could call your State Board and ask them.

No comments:

Post a Comment