Friday, January 8, 2010

Should I wash my hair before getting it dyed at the salon?

I haven't washed my hair in over a week and I'm getting it dyed today. Someone said don't wash it because the color will work beter if the hair is unwashed, but don't you think the hairdresser will get grossed out since my hair hasn't been washed in 8 days?Should I wash my hair before getting it dyed at the salon?
washing your hair could cause it to be a bit dry when you get it colored...the natural oils in your hair help to reduce the drying effects of the color


if your getting a permanent dye job it really doesn't matter if you've washed it or not, the after care is what will determine how vibrant and well your color holds





8 days w/o washing isn't really that gross...it's actually better for your hair because your natural sebum is the best moisturizer





we stylist do have to stick our hands in that so yeah that side of it is a bit icky but i'm sure she's seen worse and will wear glovesShould I wash my hair before getting it dyed at the salon?
You can wash it, it won't matter but DO NOT condition it, and use a shampoo, not a shampoo and conditioner and conditioner will stop colour sticking as well.


Also, the dyes at salons are very good, and shouldn't matter a huge amount anyway.


Hope i helped :)
I'm a hair stylist, I would say it would be fine if it was a day or two but, over a week? Wash it. Remember our fingers have to go through that. :) Just make sure your hair is dry when you go into the salon.
well i wouldnt have waited 8 days but i honestly believe that unwashed hair colors better. why wash it now. you've waited this long. but i would have at least kept my schedule up until a couple of days prior to my app. happy coloring
yes wash it but the hairdresser will probaly wash it for you
DO NOT wash it. this is true, what you've heard...that the color stays longer and more vibrant.





and well...why havent you washed ur hair in 8 days? thats kinda gross. sorry.
you should definety wash it more then that. I would say yes wash it first.
Agreed with 3sa. Just go. She's a salonist...what hasn't she seen?
hahahha call and ask the salon

No comments:

Post a Comment