Friday, January 8, 2010

How can I enrich my haircolor in between visits to the salon. It gets faded out from the sun.?

The hairdresser uses permanent hair color. In the beginning, it's a medium reddish brown. The sun fades it to a brassy light auburn. This color washes me out, I have light olive skin. I need a richer color.How can I enrich my haircolor in between visits to the salon. It gets faded out from the sun.?
first of all, try using a sunscreen for the hair. it helps protect your color.





also, use a shampoo/conditioner made for color-treated hair. not the cheap Pantene, it has too much ammonia in it. Buy higher quality stuff. Also, you can use a semi-permanent hair dye for in between visits. It contains less chemicals, and is not too damaging for your hair.





***I would like to stress not using Pantene Pro-V. It has too much ammonia, which will actually strip your hair of its color (which is good for blondes and blondes only), and dry it out as well. Paul Mitchell has an excellent line for color-treated hair.***How can I enrich my haircolor in between visits to the salon. It gets faded out from the sun.?
Have you noticed that about two weeks after you get your hair colored or highlighted, it begins to fade? Not significantly, but just enough so that it doesn't look as vibrant or rich as it did when you first colored it. It's possible to minimize fading with the use of color enhancing products. Plant-based dyes applied to the hair's outermost layers impart a subtle color lift. When used between salon visits, they give the perfect boost to help maintain color. Here's what you should know.





Check out iVillage's tips for preserving hair color at http://beauty.ivillage.com/hair/color/0,鈥?/a>





good luck!
try using sun screen for the hair, they usually come in spray form. I also use pantene pro-v blonde expressions. it brings out my natural highlights in the roots and helps my salon highlights stay in longer and make the two look more blended. if your not blonde, they have it for brunettes and redheads too. pantene pro-v has a really good hair sunscreen product too.

No comments:

Post a Comment