Friday, January 8, 2010

Should I wash my hair before I go to the salon?

I work construction and tomorrow we are taking down dry wall, a lot of stuff gets in my hair and I should be done at 3 tomorrow and have an appointment at 6 tomorrow. I dont know if washing my hair and leaving it wet (or even drying it) would be bad for it, cause I dont know if its better to be dirty or clean. Thanks for your help!Should I wash my hair before I go to the salon?
If you're going in for a color, do NOT wash it after work. Just RINSE it in water as soon as you get home to try to get the debris out of it. This will allow it time to dry before your color service. When you do this, do NOT rub briskly against your scalp, as the whole point is you want your own natural scalp's oils as a protectant for your head against the harsh chemicals. This also applies to if you're getting a perm, do not wash it (but you may rinse your hair gently to remove debris if you can't stand it/it's that gross that you can't deal w/it LOL)





If you are just going in for a haircut or style, you can wash it if you want to after work. They may be washing it again before a cut or style (but this costs extra. Some places it's cheaper if they just spray your hair down for a cut, then a whole wash/cut/style) If you're just going in for a cut and/or style, and you wash it at home, it might even save you a few bucks when you tell them they don't have to wash it (unless it's included in the price!)





Sorry this is so long, but I';m a hairdresser so I just wanted to let you know so ya know! :)Should I wash my hair before I go to the salon?
well if you're getting it died than you need it as dirty as possible because the more dirty and the more product you use, the more the die will stick and stay. But if it is just for a cut, then...they wash it there so you really don't need to. if she's styling it and not washing it, than wash it the night before.
I had my hair cut a few weeks ago. I wet my hair down. Then went to get it cut. I take a shower after I get a hair cut. I can not stand left over hair that left over, That on my shoulders and my back. It itches lol


You have plenty of time to wash your hair. Some salons wash your hair before they cut your hair. They may charge more for that.
well, are you getting your hair washed at the salon before you get it cut? if you are, i would say no. just be sure to brush out all of the stuff.


if you aren't getting your hair washed at the salon, then yeah, you should probably go ahead and wash it.
At most good hair salons they will wash your hair before they cut it unless you ask them otherwise. If i were you i would just wash out the stuff in your hair then just let it air dry till 6, then theyll do what they want with it
it depends on if you get it washed there.


if you don't, I would wash it before I go.


if you do, you can still wash it. it won't really hurt your hair.
It depends on what you're getting done. Although, most of the time, having them wash it is easiest. Your hair is easier to cut wet and if they're going to style it they can work from scratch.
i believe you shouldn't.


if you feel the need to, you can.


but the hair dresser can make sure to get everything out.
usually they'll wash your hair i believe


answer mines?


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment