Sunday, December 27, 2009

Do you think salon products are better than the stuff you get at stores?

Often you see similar products by the same companies even at both salons and stores. Do you think its worth the extra money to buy it at the salon? Beauticians claim theirs is better, but I would like opinions.Do you think salon products are better than the stuff you get at stores?
In my experience, some salon products are better. You pay more for a better mixture of more quality ingredients. Grocery store brands tend to cheap out on ingredients and supplant them with waxy additives and a higher mix of laureth sulfate (makes the bubbles and lather) for fillers. And I am not talking about botanicals and organics because there is absolutely no proof that those are any better than the chemically engineered ingredients. In fact, consumer studies have shown that botanicals have no benefit other than the buyer's perception that the product is somehow better for them.Do you think salon products are better than the stuff you get at stores?
Personally, I don't think that any of those are better than what you buy in the store. (A good haircut is far more important than the shampoo you use.) But...it doesn't hurt to splurge every once in awhile to see if one works especially well for you. And sometimes they smell amazing!!
I think they are better. The salon hairstylist recomended a shampoo with protein, at first i thought it was just a sales pitch, but i bought it anyway. My hair looks sooo much healthier!


I guess it depends, some may not be worht the extra $$$.
Sure, these are some of the greatest professional products out right now.


Redken can even customize according to your hair type.


One otc product that I do buy is at Sally's Beauty Supply, and is Infusium 23 leave-in-conditioner treatment; that I drizzle or put into a spray bottle and spritz lightly beofre styling.


Cosmetologist =o)
its the same thing. store products may look like a little expensive because of the endorsement and commercials


but the effect is just the same with the salon products
No. Ther is so much ballyhoo out there It will blow your mind. We pay for the glitz %26amp; the glitter, %26amp; the advertising too.
there are bad expensive products and good cheap products i used the bad expensive for long long time different name brands and never got what i expected i ended using the good cheap that do work for me, right now i use the new dove and pantene my hair is finally going back to normal.
I use to buy in the salon but i dont anymore to me they are the same but I do get the biosilk from there still

No comments:

Post a Comment