Sunday, December 27, 2009

I want to know what should I do first to start my own barber shop/hair salon here in Sacramento?

I would like to start my own barber/salon with 6 stations. I need information on how to start and what should I ask the bank for to help me get started.I want to know what should I do first to start my own barber shop/hair salon here in Sacramento?
Associations may be a good avenue to explore. These organizations will address many of the thoughts, questions and concerns you'll inevitably have as well as many you haven't anticipated yet. See the source box for some relevant links.





Research, research, research 鈥?this cannot be stressed enough. Read as much as you can about the industry. Here are some book titles that are relevant:





* Start Your Own Hair Salon and Day Spa by Eileen Figure Sandlin


* 101 Media and Marketing Tips for Salon Owners, Stylists and Managers by Nanette Miner


* Successful Salon Management, 5E by Edward Tezak


* Beyond Beauty: Cosmetology Business Information and Resources by Janie Buchanan





There are plenty of free informational resources out there. Check the source box for links to articles.





Hope that helps! I wish you much success %26amp; happiness in all your ventures!I want to know what should I do first to start my own barber shop/hair salon here in Sacramento?
Put together a business plan that includes demographics, commission or rental salon, products and services your salon will offer. Do your research on cost of equipment, stations, dryers, plumbing. After putting together your business plan add up all your costs, and make a appt. with a sba banker to apply for a loan good luck. Hopefully you are licensed as it is hard to run a salon if you do not know the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment