Sunday, December 27, 2009

What is the proper tip rate for getting a well done cut and color at a trendy salon?

I recently got my hair done at a salon after they were very helpful in originally getting me a protein treatment/filler for my damaged hair. I decided to make an appointment to go back and get my hair colored and cut several days later. My stylist was wonderful both times, and she deserves a great tip, but I don't even know what the going rate for.. pricier salons is.What is the proper tip rate for getting a well done cut and color at a trendy salon?
My friend is a hairstylist who works at a trendy salon downtown and she usually gets about a 10-15% tip. If a client really loves her work then she'll usually get a 20%, which is what I give her because she does an amazing cut and color on my hair! If you love it and can afford it, tip your stylist well - especially if he or she spent a lot of time on you.What is the proper tip rate for getting a well done cut and color at a trendy salon?
um I would say at least 5 $
When my stylist does a great job and it involves some effort (like highlights), I try to give 10-20% My highlights + wash, style and blow dry come to about $85. I give my stylist a $10 tip.


When I get a regular cut which includes: shampoo, cut and blow dry- the cost is $30. I give her $6.

No comments:

Post a Comment