Monday, December 21, 2009

How do you figure the tip at a salon when many people serve you?

At the salon, the bill is usually about $110 for shampoo/deep conditioner/cut/style/dry.





They have so many people supply the services. One person shampoos, another puts in the deep conditioner, then the shampoo person comes back and rinses, then a third person does the cut/style, and sometimes a fourth person dries.





I'm confused about who to tip, and how much. I know I should be tipping about 15%, but how to divide it?? Do I have to go over the %% to give everybody a decent tip, or just give the whole thing to the stylist?





I've had this happen at the nail salon, too. The manicure/pedicure special is $30, but one person manicures, then a 2nd person puts on the polish, then a 3rd person does the pedicure, and a 4th puts on the polish, and sometimes a 5th person will do the topcoat!





How do I split $5 fairly between so many people? Sometimes I feel like I should be wearing one of those change belts that bus drivers wear.How do you figure the tip at a salon when many people serve you?
Give the tip to the last person who helps you, they'll divide it up on their own.How do you figure the tip at a salon when many people serve you?
15 - 20% is standard. And since I'm in the service industry, I can tell you that they take care of the split. It may not be even, but it will be a fair share.
Good question.





Just leave one tip and let them decide how to ration it.
give 15% of 110 which would be 16.50. i suggest 10 to the stylist, 2 bucks to the person washing ur hair, 2 bucks to the person drying it, 2 bucks to the person doing the conditioning.
I don't think any tip is necessary, unless you are dining out. You have already paid a fortune for the hair-do.. why loose more money?
Just let them figure it out.
whoever is taking money at the checkout gets it...then they can work it out
I take the chicken approach. I use my credit/debit card and add 15% that way.
at my salon the girls that do the other stuff....shampoos, rinse etc are all in training and my tip goes to my stylist. but if you are unsure and you have been going there a while ask your stylist, she will be able to advise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment